- 6 egg yolks
- 130 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sweetener (optional)
- 65 ml butter, melted
MAKES 4 servings
Cook 5 min
Prep 5 min Total 10 min
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- Slowly mix in the melted butter. Be sure the butter isn’t too hot, or the eggs may cook unevenly.
- Place the medium bowl with the mixture over simmering water. Whisk the mixture constantly and vigorously until thickened. Your instant-read thermometer should register 60ºc for 3 full minutes. Usually, this means about 5 minutes of total cooking time.
- It will coat the back of the spoon when it is ready
- Remove the custard from the pot. Serve either warm or chilled.
- If serving chilled, it can be prepared 1-3 days ahead and refrigerated. (Re-whisk before serving.)
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR KETO PRODUCTS